Dental floss and daily use LISTERINE® mouthwashes: directions for use

Dossier : Good daily habits

mouthwashes, how to use dental floss correctly

Daily mouthwashes and dental floss should be used in addition to brushing. The advantages of these in addition to brushing:

CLEANING BETWEEN YOUR TEETH

The interproximal zone, located between teeth, is difficult to access. Food debris can become lodged there and impossible to remove with a toothbrush. Daily mouthwashes and dental floss can be used to clean this zone. They also help to fight against the development of plaque and to protect teeth and gums. 

HOW SHOULD DENTAL FLOSS BE USED? 

  • Cut off around 45 cm of dental floss, which is often available on a reel
  • Wrap each end around your two forefingers
  • Secure the floss with your thumbs and index fingers and pull it tight
  • Pass the floss between the teeth using vertical movements, but also along the gum line
  • Change the section of floss for each tooth for greater hygiene

TAKE CARE OF YOUR WHOLE MOUTH WITH A MOUTHWASH

There are many surfaces in your mouth for bacteria to colonise on: your teeth, your gums, cheeks and tongue. Your teeth comprise only 25% of your mouth area and the other 75% acts as a reservoir for germs. To reduce their growth, use a daily mouthwash in addition to brushing. 

For information on how and when to use your LISTERINE® daily mouthwash, read our article LISTERINE® daily mouthwashes - directions for use!

Ref: J&J internal data

Footnotes list:

    COOKIE SETTINGS PANEL

    1st Party cookies: Necessary Cookie =:: Enhancement=

    When you refuse the use of - 1st or 3rd party - cookies, this site will not behave as designed due to the unavailability of cookies.